Rules and Regulations
Though they have represented a place to recognize latino talent since their return in 1999, the HOLA Awards will expand for the year 2021.
In previous HOLA Awards you could find 2 or 4 awardees per category mostly in Spanish, but starting 2021 there we will implement a system where we could find 1 Awardee per language. For example “Outstanding performance by a Male Actor in Spanish” and “Outstanding performance by a Male Actor in English”
There are 12 Categories in the HOLA Awards
- Outstanding performance by a Male Actor
- Outstanding performance by a Female Actor
- Outstanding performance by a featured Male Actor
- Outstanding performance by a featured Female Actor
- Outstanding Solo performance
- Outstanding performance by an ensemble cast
- Outstanding achievement in production
- Outstanding achievement in playwriting
- Outstanding achievement in direction
- Outstanding musical/comedy
- Outstanding play
RAUL JULIA FOUNDERS AWARD
This award recognizes an outstanding writer, director
An award to honor champions in the mission of inclusion of Hispanic & Latino talent in the entretaintment industry
RITA MORENO AWARD FOR EXCELLENCE
In the name of the great Rita Moreno, this award goes to an extraordinary all-around performer
LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
An award to honor an individual for the body of his or her work throughout the years
HOW IS VOTING DONE?
Starting 2021, every voting member will be rotational, that means that the voting members will be different each year.
There will be a total of 5 voting members:
- 2 appointed by the HOLA Awards committee
- 2 will selected from the voting member submission from our webpage. The person interested in becoming a seson voting member will have to fill out a form through our website and then it will proceed to an interview by the HOLA Awards committee
- The last voting members will be the HOLA Members themselves. When the voting process start, there will be a from exclusive for our members to vote for their pick in each category. The one that has majority in each category will represent 1 vote
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
The HOLA Awards mission is to recognize any member from our Hispanic/Latino community in New York City.
If the playwright of the play is Latino, the play is eligible for “Outstanding Achievement in Playwriting”
If the director of the play is Latino, the director is eligible for “Outstanding Achievement in Direction”
If any performer in a play is Latino, the performer is eligible for “Outstanding Performance by a Male/Female Actor” and “Featured Male/Female Actor